Schoology Parent Access is where parents and legal guardians get information about their student's assignments and classwork. Schoology parent access accounts are currently being offered to parents of students in 5th through 12th grades.Schoology (/skool-o-jee/) is an innovative learning management system (LMS) and social network that makes it easy to create and share academic content. With Schoology, the educational experience can extend beyond the classroom and into the home environment. Schoology enables teachers to post assignments, publish calendars, and make classroom materials available online. Students can also submit their work online, and receive feedback from their teachers within Schoology.By implementing Schoology we are committing to preparing our students to be 21st century learners. As our students prepare to advance to the next stage in their education, the use of an online learning environment will continue to be an important skill to master.
What can I see in Schoology with my parent account?There are specific modules available to parents, including course updates, course content, and each student's assignment calendar. Parents cannot review submitted assignments, feedback from teachers, or grades in Schoology. Grades and attendance can be viewed in the Sapphire Parent Portal.The Calendar shows an aggregation of a student's assignments in all courses. Parents can use the calendar view to understand when assignments are due, and how coursework is dispersed throughout a particular marking period.The Course tab reveals all courses in which a student is enrolled. Parents can review course content posted by teachers, and even view assignments.The Groups tab shows all of the groups in which a student is registered. Parents can review groupwork and other group-related items in this tab.
Register for a Schoology Parent AccountParents create a Schoology account by using a Parent Access Code available from any of your student's teachers, or by filling in the form at the bottom of this page. All your children can be connected to one parent login; each child will have a separate Parent Access Code. (See below.) The code should look similar to 1A2E-B3C4-5KD6.
The following 3 minute video gives additional information about creating and using a Schoology Parent Account.For additional information and help from Schoology, here is a link to their Parent Guide:
- When you have your parent access code, go to: http://www.schoology.com.
- Click the Sign Up button in the top right corner.
- Select the Parent button.
- Enter the access code you received, and click Continue.
- Enter YOUR OWN name and email (not the student's) and choose a password.
Add children to your Schoology Parent AccountIf you already have a parent account in Schoology for one child, you can add additional children to your account. To add additional children, please follow these steps:
- Log into your Schoology account using your username or email address and password.
- Click on the downfacing arrow on the top right of the Schoology account.
- Select the option to +Add Child.
- Enter the Parent Access Code for the child you'd like to add to your account. Teachers have parent access codes, or have the code emailed to you by filling in the form below.
- PARENT ACCESS CODES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WHEN SCHOOL STARTS.
- The code should look similar to 1A2E-B3C4-5KD6.
- Click on the Use Code button to complete.
The Schoology app is available for your phone or mobile device. Visit Schoology.com/k-12/mobile-app to find the app for you.
When using the Schoology app, parents and students log in differently; students use the top of the login screen, parents use the bottom.