UPPER MERION AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
STUDENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT
450 Keebler Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406
Registration for all grades for the 2022-2023 (current) school year is open.
Kindergarten registration for school year 2023-2024 will open February 1, 2023.
Registration for grades 1st -12th for the 2023-2024 (next) school year begins June 2023.Please note: students must be 5 years old by August 31 to register for kindergarten.
ALL INFORMATION LISTED BELOW IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A STUDENT REGISTRATION!Step 1:
Print out the registration packets. Complete and sign all pages of the packets. Unable to print? Stop by any of the Upper Merion Area schools for copies.
CLICK HERE FOR FILLABLE/PRINTABLE REGISTRATION FORMS PACKET
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND HEALTH FORMSHaga clic aquí para descargar la información de registro en español
Gather all additional required documents as listed below.
REQUIRED INFORMATION TO COMPLETE A STUDENT REGISTRATION (ITEMS 1-6):
1. PROOF OF STUDENT’S AGE (one of the following) - The Upper Merion Area School District requires children entering Kindergarten to be five (5) years of age by August 31st and children entering 1st Grade to be six (6) years of age by August 31st.
- State Certified Birth Certificate
- Certified Baptismal Certificate
- Duly-Attested Transcript of Birth Certificate
2. STUDENT’S IMMUNIZATION RECORDS - Written and signed documentation from a hospital, clinic or physician must verify that the child has received or is in the process of receiving immunizations for:
Please note: Once immunizations are reviewed by the Certified School Nurse, parents will be notified if immunizations are not complete. The student cannot attend school unless immunization requirements are met. Check our Helpful Resources for Families page for locations of immunization providers.A Physical Examination is required for students upon entry into school. Any exam performed one year or less prior to the start of school is acceptable for the following school year. If your child has received this exam please bring documentation with you at the time of registration. If not, this requirement must be completed and returned to the school nurse by August 15th.A Dental Examination is required upon original entry into school (kindergarten or first grade), in third grade and in seventh grade. A dental examination performed within the year prior to your child entering the required grade will be accepted.During registration you will be given a tuberculosis assessment and health history form to complete. This will be reviewed by the school nurse. Parents will then be notified (by the school nurse) if the student will require tuberculin skin testing for entry into school.
- Diphtheria and tetanus —4 or more properly spaced doses of DTP, Dtap, Td, or DT, or any combination of the three with one dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
- Polio —3 or more properly spaced doses of polio vaccine (IPV or OPV) one dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
- Measles (Rubeola), German Measles (Rubella), and Mumps – one dose of each, preferably given as MMR, on or after the first birthday
- Measles (Rubeola) – a second properly spaced dose, preferably given as MMR
- Hepatitis B ― 3 properly spaced doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
- Two doses of Varivax vaccine or history of disease
- One dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) (if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization) (entering 7th grade or later only)
- One dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) (entering 7th grade or later only)
3. PARENT/GUARDIAN IDENTIFICATION (one of the following)
- Valid PA driver’s license
- Valid temporary PA driver’s license
- Valid Out-of-State driver’s license
- Other type of photo identification
4. PROOF OF RESIDENCY (one of the following)
- Homeowners - ANY one of the following
- Tax Bill
- Settlement Papers
- Mortgage Bill/Statement
- Lease (if the parent/guardian has a lease in their name) - ALL items required
- Lessee Affidavit Form
- Copy of your current dated Lease (or) a letter from your landlord listing all the individuals who reside at your address, the expiration date of your lease agreement and the landlords contact information.
- Multiple Occupancy (if the parent/guardian and student live with a friend or family member) - ALL items required
- Multiple Occupancy Form
- Copy of the homeowner’s deed, tax bill, property settlement papers, current dated Lease (or) a letter from the landlord listing all the individuals who reside at your address, the expiration date of your lease agreement and the landlord’s contact information.
- Copy of the homeowner or lease holder's Driver’s License.
- Guardianship (the parent(s) listed on the student’s birth certificate have given up parental rights on a permanent basis) - ALL items required
- Guardianship Form
- Release of Claim to Exemption of Child
- Copy of the guardian’s deed, tax bill, property settlement papers, current dated Lease (or) a letter from the landlord stating the individuals who reside at your address, the expiration date of your lease agreement and the landlord’s contact information.
- Copy of the Parent(s) Driver’s License.
- Copy of the Guardian’s Driver’s License.
5. SCHOOL RECORDS (one of the following if transferring from a private or other public school) * required for all students entering grades 1-12
- School Transfer/Withdrawal Form
- Most Recent Report card
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) (must provide if the student has one)
6. CUSTODY ARRANGEMENT (for divorced, separated or single parents)
If a written custody agreement exists, a copy should be filed with the school district. Furthermore, if there is a change in status regarding the custodianship/guardianship of the student, it is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to notify the school district of any special accommodations to be made concerning emergency contact and the report of pertinent academic information. Please note that if no legal custody agreement is in place, then a written letter from the non-registering parent will be accepted.
Email the completed registration packet AND the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off the packet and documents to the Upper Merion Area Middle School located at 450 Keebler Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406 (available Mon-Fri. 7:00am-3:00pm)
ALL INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A STUDENT REGISTRATION!
Our Registrar and Student Services Staff will review your documents and contact you for any additional information that may be needed to satisfy our registration requirements. Once all documents are submitted, you will receive confirmation that your child has been assigned to a school building. A building level staff member will contact you about scheduling your child in school.
Thank you for your cooperation and welcome to the Upper Merion Area School District.
Click on link for welcome packet information - Welcome to Upper Merion Area School District
If you have any questions email email@example.com or call registration at 610-205-8861