• How Do I Apply for Working Papers?


    1)                 To obtain a working permit from Upper Merion Area School District, the issuing officer requires a parent or legal guardian to come in  and sign the application in our presence. Students who are residents of the Upper Merion Area School District and attend a private or parochial school must show a birth certificate for proof of age.  In lieu of a signature in our presence, the applicant may execute a statement before a notary attesting to the accuracy of the signature. The Attestation Document, for the notary,  can be picked up in the high school. 
    2)        Under the new Child Labor law, there will only be one work permit that will apply to all minors age 14 through 17 and can be used for more than one employer.


    3)                 High school hours to apply for working papers are Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. – 12 noon and 12:45 - 2:30 p.m. when school is in session and each day during the summer from 7:15 – 12 noon and 12:45 - 2:30 p.m. unless we have vacations scheduled (During summer hours please call 610- 205- 3802 in order to confirm that the office is open.)


    Note:  All students who work, ages 14 through 17, must have working papers in order to be legally employed.