Montgomery County Intermediate Unit Program Services
for UMASD Pre-Kindergarten
Belmont Building, 200 Anderson Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406
Rebecca DeSantis, Pre-K Counts Program Administrator
- Free for eligible children as per the application process;
- is based on the quality components adopted for pre-kindergarten by the State Board of Education; and
- will provide families in our community with a choice of quality pre-kindergarten.
- The MCUI will provide pre-kindergarten services for 40 fee-based students during the 2018-2019 school year for a fee of $8,500 per year.
- The program will include all mandated services, curriculum, and instruction as the Pre-K Count program.
The MCIU program will provide:
- Four (4) Full-Day Pre-Kindergarten classrooms.
- Each classroom will be able to provide support for twenty (20) students and will be staffed with a Pre-Kindergarten certified Teacher and Assistant Teacher.
- Snacks and Lunch are provided.
- A Program Aide will be provided to the site to provide assistance and support.
- Family Engagement Worker (FEW) – bi-lingual staff in several of the Family Engagement Worker positions. This permits the Family Engagement Worker to communicate with the families in their preferred language. When an employed Family Engagement Worker does not exist with the preferred language skills, the MCIU will utilize the services of an interpreter to provide the supports to the family
- Pre-K Counts Educational Supervisor - oversight and on-going evaluation of all Pre-Kindergarten program components
- Full-Time Certified School Nurse
- Contact information: Rebecca DeSantis, Pre-K Counts Program Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)