WILLKOMMEN!Jeffrey SkonierUpper Merion Area High School
Room No.: A305
Willkommen to German! This will be my twenty-second year teaching German at Upper Merion. I began teaching after graduating with a B.A. in German studies from Dickinson College. While at Dickinson, I spent 1/2 of my junior year studying at the University of Bremen in Germany. I received my M.A. in Educational Leadership from Immaculata University. Aside from teaching German, I am happy to be the advisor for the German club and assistant Advisor for Student Council. I am very excited about this school year teaching in a brand-new building!
Top 10 Reasons to Learn German:
1. German is the most widely spoken language in Europe.
2. Germany has the 3rd strongest economy.
3. Knowing German creates business opportunities.
(having German on your resume makes you more valuable than other applicants)
4. Germans are innovators (just think of Gutenberg and Einstein).
German is the second most commonly used scientific language.
5. Germans are the biggest spenders of tourist dollars in the world.
6. Germans form the largest single heritage group in the U.S. (over 15% of Americans)
7. 1 in 10 books in the world is published in German.
8. German-speaking countries have rich cultural heritages.
9. German is not as hard as you think.
10.German is required or recommended by many undergraduate and graduate programs.