Welcome to the Gulph School Library!
CLICK HERE to watch The Gulph Library Back To School Open House video:
BACK TO SCHOOL 2021-22
Mrs. Kathie Jackson, Librarian email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK here to learn about me https://www.umasd.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=10871
Dive into a great book!
Click the text link below to read how the Upper Merion Township Library is supporting families during online learning:
FREE ONLINE BOOKS!
- NEW! Upper Merion Township Public Library has just subscribed to this fabulous resource to bring you FREE e-books, audio books and more - just sign up with your library card: https://www.hoopladigital.com/
- EPIC! provides an enormous library of free e-books and audio books at all reading levels, available during school hours: https://www.getepic.com/students. Your student can e-mail their classroom teacher if they need their classroom code to log on. OR, get a free 30-day family subscription https://www.getepic.com/promo.
- Amazon Kindle store - did you know there are TONS of FREE e-books? Click here for a screenshot showing you how to find free e-books you can read on your iPad or any other device.
Some of Mrs. Jackson's favorite BOOKS!
NOTE: clicking a book cover below will take you to a summary of the book on Goodreads.com so you can decide if it sounds right for your age and reading level. REMEMBER to click the back arrow <-- in your browser to come back to this page and check out more fun book ideas! REMEMBER....you can always email me at email@example.com if you want reading advice and suggestions, or just to tell me what you're reading. I miss you, Gulph Gators and would love to hear from you!
Other Learning Resources
- Upper Merion Township Library is webcasing LIVE Storytimes https://www.facebook.com/umtlibrary/
- This Upper Merion Township Library page contains links to dozens of reading, math and research sites https://www.umtownship.org/departments/library/elibrary/
- ABCYA Games: https://www.abcya.com/games/ (Click on Parents and Teachers, Membership Options, and then Free Subscriber)
- Time Magazine for Kids: https://www.timeforkids.com/ (Free access to articles)
- Brainpop: https://www.brainpop.com/ (Free access and great learning videos)
- Scholastic Learn at Home: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY, AND KEEP READING KIDDOS!
Other Helpful Links:Destiny-Gulph library book catalogBookflix (link is for school access) - professionally narrated, captioned books
Upper Merion Township Library
Abcya learning apps and games for kids
Elementary Research Apps & Homework Helpers:
These subscription apps are great tools that you can use in school and at home (email Mrs. Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org for passwords):
WorldBook Online encyclopedia, updated daily
CultureGrams e-atlas is a concise and reliable resource on 190 cultures of the world and the U.S. States, updated daily
Pebble Go primary-grade friendly research database
And these free kid-friendly tools are helpful also:
- Power Library - free resource portal via the PA public library system, contains multiple goodies, especially "TrueFlix" nonfiction e-books: https://kids.powerlibrary.org/
- FactMonster - homework help and grade-leveled content in a variety of subjects, note that the free version contains some kid-friendly pop-up ads: https://www.factmonster.
- NatGeo Kids Animals - good for Grades K-2 research: https://kids.
- America's Story, Library of Congress Biographies for kids: http://www.americaslibrary.
- DK Find Out - fabulous interactive version of those "DK Eyewitness" books kiddos love, with gorgeous photography: https://www.