Montgomery County Intermediate Unit Program Services
for UMASD Pre-KindergartenBelmont Building
200 Anderson Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Rebecca DeSantis, Pre-K Counts Program Administrator
- Free for eligible children as per the application process;
- The MCIU will provide Pre-K Counts services for 40 students during the 2020-2021 school year.
- is based on the quality components adopted for pre-kindergarten by the State Board of Education; and
- will provide families in our community with a choice of high quality pre-kindergarten.
- The MCUI will provide pre-kindergarten services for up to 5 fee-based students during the 2020-2021 school year for a fee of $8,750 per year.
- The program will include all mandated services, curriculum, and instruction as the Pre-K Count program.
The MCIU program will provide:
- Two (2) Full-Day Pre-Kindergarten classrooms.
- Each classroom will be able to provide support for twenty (20) students and will be staffed with a Pre-Kindergarten certified Teacher and Assistant Teacher.
- Breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack are provided to Pre-K Counts students and to fee based students at an additional cost.
- A Program Aide will be provided to the site to provide assistance and support.
- Family Engagement Worker (FEW) – bi-lingual staff in several of the Family Engagement Worker positions. This permits the Family Engagement Worker to communicate with the families in their preferred language. When an employed Family Engagement Worker does not exist with the preferred language skills, the MCIU will utilize the services of an interpreter to provide the supports to the family
- Access to a Full-Time Certified School Nurse
- Contact information: Rebecca DeSantis, Pre-K Counts Program Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)