Parent Advisory Board
group of parents would provide valuable input on school initiatives and
programs from a parental perspective.
They would also raise issues that parents feel need to be addressed and
help develop recommendations on how to continually improve the high school
particularly in regard to the student and parent experience.
- The goal would be to have at least 2 parents
from each graduating class to be Parent Advisory Board Member
- Any parent wishing to attend Parent Advisory
Board meetings will be welcome to attend.
Responsibilities of Board Members:
- Attend Parent Advisory Board Meetings per year.
- Provide constructive input and feedback from a
parental perspective on a variety of high school initiatives and programs.
- Maintain volunteer activities previously
performed by the PTAC
- Suggest topics for parent presentations by
various school/district groups –Guidance, CAST, Athletic Department, etc.
- Make recommendations on how the school can
- Decide on what information needs to be
communicated to parents – web, e-mail, phone system, etc.
- One parent would need to act as treasurer for
the group’s funds.
Responsibilities of the Principal
- Create agenda for meetings.
- Present High School initiatives and programs for
parent input and feedback.
- Take parent recommendations back to appropriate
groups/staff for action.
- Report back to Parent Advisory Board on
implementation of recommendations.
- Facilitate parents communication- update web,
send e-mails, use phone system, etc.
- At least 5 scheduled meetings per year