UMASD uses First Student transportationphone: 610-337-1092email: Maurice.Jones@firstgroup.comOur mission is to ensure the safety, health, and welfare of all students ofthe Upper Merion Area School District while providing for their daily transportation needs.
Interested in becoming a Bus or Van Driver, or Bus Aide?
Here are the links for individuals interested in apply for jobs as Bus Drivers, Van Drivers or Aides with First Student.
Interested individuals can also call 610-337-1092 to ask questions about becoming a bus / van driver or an aide for First Student.
SCHOOL BUS TRANSPORTATION UPDATE
The Upper Merion Area School District is very pleased to have First Student as its student transportation services provider.
- First Student serves about 1,100 school districts around the country using 44,000 buses to complete nearly 5 million student journeys daily and travelling 550,000,000 miles per year (http://www.firststudentinc.com/about).
- First Student is extremely focused on safely transporting students to and from school and other activities (http://www.firststudentinc.com/why-first-student/school-bus-safety).
- All of the First Student drivers assigned to UMASD have undergone very rigorous background checks, medical and drug screening, as well as extensive classroom and on the road training.
- First Student has provided 11 brand new school buses and is completing detailed inspections, preventive maintenance & repairs to all of the vehicles assigned to UMASD.
- All of First Student’s school buses will be thoroughly inspected by the PA State Police in mid-August to certify that they are ready to safely transport students this school year.
- All of First Students school buses will be equipped with 2 way radios, security cameras, Child Check-Mate System® - Sleeping Child Prevention system, and Zonar for pre-trip inspections and GPS monitoring of bus routes.
- First Student’s Location Manager is Maurice Jones (Maurice.Jones@firstgroup.
com) and Diana Westcott is their Safety Manager. First Student’s phone number during normal business hours (6:00 AM to 6:00PM) is:
After hours normal business hours First Student’s 24/7 answering service will take calls to the above number and dispatch them to the appropriate personnel.
- UMASD’s policies, procedures and practices regarding student transportation are unchanged.
- Information on students' specific Bus # assignments, bus stop locations along with pickup and drop off times will be mailed on a post card in August.