I have been teaching at Upper Merion since 2006. I taught 5th, 6th and 8th grade at the middle school before coming to Caley!
Some of my favorite parts as a STEM teacher are seeing students solving problems, discovering ideas from hands-on activities and learning to “successfully fail”, which leads them to new (and better) ideas!
When I’m not teaching, I spend time with my husband and two children-we love being outside! Going on nature walks and splashing in creeks are some of our favorite things to do.
STEM stands for: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. In class, we will complete hands-on activities and challenges that touch on all of those components. Other major focuses in class are collaboration, communication, critical thinking and creativity.
- I won a scholarship to teacher space camp! I got to spend a week training like an astronaut with people around the world - I also got interviewed on NBC when I came back!
- I went skydiving - yes, I jumped out of an airplane!
- I trained for 7 years as an aerialist and got to be in several recitals (My dream still is to join the circus someday…)
- I love learning new things!
- My husband and I have been going to Cherry Crest Adventure Farm for their corn maze since we met in college - we are listed on their board because we’ve been going there so long.
Undergrad - Millersville University (Elementary Education with a focus in Science) 2006
Graduate School: Penn State Great Valley (Science Curriculum and Instruction) 2009, Thesis on Misconceptions in Science
STEM certificate through the National Institute of STEM education 2022
Pictures from Slidesmania