FIRST® Tech Challenge encourages teams to design, build, program, and compete in thrilling robotics competitions. Guided by adult coaches and mentors, students develop STEM skills and practice engineering principles, while realizing the value of innovation, and teamwork. The robot kit is reusable from year-to-year and can be programmed using a variety of programming languages. Students are encouraged to create team brands and be an ambassador for FIRST and STEM in their communities.
WHAT IT OFFERS:
- Explore the creative problem-solving process within an intense, fun sports competition model
- Bepartofanengagedandsupportive community
- Design, build, and program robots
- Gain hands-on programming and rapid-prototyping experience
- Apply real-world math science concepts
- Documentation of the engineering process
- Development-solving, organizational, and team-building skills
- Compete and cooperate in Alliance at tournaments
- Building skills, while building robots and working towards competing in tournaments and FIRST Championship
- Participants have access to education and career discovery opportunities, connections to scholarships and employers, and a place in the FIRST community for life.
We express the FIRST philosophies of Gracious Professionalism® and Coopertition® through FIRST Core Values:
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!