Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to the UMAMS Band!
Mr. Dave Hodgson
M.Mus Music Education, Temple University
B.Mus Music Education, Tuba Concentration, Temple University
HOWDY FOLKS! Mr. Hodgson here! I'm so very proud to be your 6-8 band director.
Some fun facts about me:
- I graduated from Temple University (GO OWLS!) in 2016 with my undergrad degree and 2021 with my Master's.
- I played Tuba with the Diamond Marching Band, Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band and Tuba Euphonium Ensemble at Temple.
- I've performed at the Kimmel Center in Philly, Lincoln Center in New York City, across Europe in my high school county honor band and at the White House for President Obama!
- I've studied with amazing musicians such as Dr. Deb Confredo, Jay Krush, David Fedderly, Carol Jantsch, and Danny Black to name a few!
- I got to be in a movie too!! (2013 remake of Annie in the closing scene with the Temple Marching Band!!)
- I spend my free time at the record store and going to the Bronx to see the Yankees win championship after championship!
Here at the Middle School we are gonna have a blast! We will have multiple performances a year with our 6th, and 7th/8th Grade Bands as well as multiple extra-curricular ensemble opportunities (Jazz Band, Holiday Ensembles, Basketball Pep Band and more in the future). Can't wait to see you this year!
Check out the links on this page for more info! Please email me with questions.