Degrees and Certifications:
Welcome to the UMAMS Band
Mr. Dave Hodgson
INTERESTED IN SIGNING UP FOR BAND? PLEASE EMAIL ME!
Welcome to the 2021 UMAMS Virtual Open House!
Check out the Unified Arts Team Flipgrid below!
HOWDY FOLKS! Mr. Hodgson here! I'm so very proud to be your 6-8 band director. Some of you may remember me from our years at Gulph Elementary.
Some fun facts about me:
- I graduated from Temple University (GO OWLS!) with my Bachelor of Music Education and am currently working towards my Master's in Music Ed (7 years of school, ouch!.... but sometimes school can actually be really fun!)
- I played Tuba with the Diamond Marching Band, Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band and Tuba Euphonium Ensemble at Temple.
- I've performed at the Kimmel Center in Philly, Lincoln Center in New York City, across Europe and at the White House for President Obama!
- I got to be in a movie too!! (2013 remake of Annie in the closing scene with the Temple Marching Band!!)
- In my free time, I like to ride my bike, collect comic books and records and watch the Yankees win championship after championship.
Here at the Middle School we are gonna have a blast! We will have multiple performances a year with our 6th, and 7th/8th Grade Bands as well as multiple extra curricular ensemble opportunities (Jazz Band, Holiday Ensembles, and more in the future). Can't wait to see you this year!
Check out links on this page for more info! Please email me with questions.