Upper Merion Area School District Student Services Mission StatementThe Upper Merion Area School District Student Services Department will provide a comprehensive developmental school counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social needs of all students. We will facilitate the support system so all students have access to the tools enabling them to become responsible and productive citizens who can effectively manage future challenges and who can progress confidently into an ever-changing society.My Beliefs:
• The counseling program is an integral part of the school.
• Guidance is scheduled as part of the curriculum.
• All children should have equal access to counseling and guidance services.
• A credentialed school counselor should deliver the school counseling program.
• Parents are our partners and shall be included in the learning process.
• The counselor is an advocate for students and their parents and will serve as a liaison between home and school.
• A guidance program should be comprehensive in scope, developmental in nature and preventative in design.
• A guidance program should include academic, social/ emotional and career components that provide students with 21st Century Learning skills.
• All children can learn and reach their true potential given the right learning environments.
• Children have the right to be respected and treated with dignity.
• The program is data-driven.
• Professional development is essential to keep up with the changing needs of students and society.
Mission of Caley’s Counseling program
The mission of the school counseling program at Caley is to inspire excellence in every student every day by collaborating with stakeholders to provide all students with a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate school counseling program. The program will incorporate career exploration as well as support the academic, social, and emotional needs of students to guide them in becoming responsible citizens. Students will engage in 21st Century learning where they will gain the knowledge and skills to become competent life-long learners who value and respect themselves and others.
My VisionThe vision of the school counseling program at Caley is to prepare our students to be responsible and respectful members of society who value individual differences. We will provide students with the tools necessary to reach their potential, graduate from high school, and become college and career ready. These students will become productive citizens who think critically, communicate effectively, collaborate to solve problems, and take on challenges to meet the needs of the 21st Century workforce.