U P P E R M E R I O N A R E A S C H O O L D I S T R I C T
S T U D E N T R E G I S T R A T I O NResidency Verification Forms:The Upper Merion Area School District requires children entering Kindergarten to be five (5) years of age before September 1st and children entering 1st Grade to be six (6) years of age before September 1st.
REQUIRED INFORMATION TO COMPLETE A STUDENT REGISTRATION (ITEMS 1-7):1. PROOF OF STUDENT’S AGE (one of the following)
- State Certified Birth Certificate
- Certified Baptismal Certificate
- Duly-Attested Transcript of Birth Certificate
- Diphtheria and tetanus —4 or more properly spaced doses of DTP, Dtap, Td, or DT, or any combination of the three with one dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
- Polio —3 or more properly spaced doses of polio vaccine (IPV or OPV) one dose administered on or after the fourth birthday
- Measles (Rubeola), German Measles (Rubella), and Mumps – one dose of each, preferably given as MMR, on or after the first birthday
- Measles (Rubeola) – a second properly spaced dose, preferably given as MMR
- Hepatitis B ― 3 properly spaced doses of Hepatitis B vaccine
- Two doses of Varivax vaccine or history of disease
- One dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) (if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization) (7th grade only)
- One dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) (7th grade only)
Please note: Once immunizations are reviewed by the Certified School Nurse, parents will be notified if immunizations are not complete. The student cannot attend school unless immunization requirements are met.
A Physical Examination is required for students upon entry into school. Any exam performed one year prior to the start of school is acceptable for the following school year. If your child has received this exam please bring documentation with you at the time of registration. If not, this requirement must be completed and returned to the school nurse by August 15th.
A Dental Examination is required upon original entry into school (kindergarten or first grade), in third grade and in seventh grade. A dental examination performed within the year prior to your child entering the required grade will be accepted.
During registration you will be given a tuberculosis assessment and health history form to complete. This will be reviewed by the school nurse. Parents will then be notified (by the school nurse) if the student will require tuberculin skin testing for entry into school.3. PARENT/GUARDIAN IDENTIFICATION (one of the following)
- Valid PA driver’s license
- Valid temporary PA driver’s license
- Valid Out-of-state driver’s license
- Other type of photo identification
- Homeowners (one of the following)
i. Tax Bill
ii Settlement Papers
iii. Mortgage Bill/Statement
- Lease (the parent/guardian has a lease in their name)
ii. Copy of your current dated Lease (or) a letter from your landlord listing all the individuals who reside at your address, the expiration date of your lease agreement and the landlords contact information.
iii. Copy of the Parent(s) Driver’s License.
ii. Copy of the homeowner’s deed, tax bill, property settlement papers, current dated Lease (or) a letter from the landlord listing all the individuals who reside at your address, the expiration date of your lease agreement and the landlord’s contact information.iii. Copy of the Parent(s) Driver’s License.
iv. Copy of the homeowner or lessee holders Driver’s License.
d. Guardianship (the parent(s) listed on the student’s birth certificate have given up parental rights on a permanent basis)
ii. Release of Claim to Exemption of Child
iii. Copy of the guardian’s deed, tax bill, property settlement papers, current dated Lease (or) a letter from the landlord stating the individuals who reside at your address, the expiration date of your lease agreement and the landlord’s contact information.
iv. Copy of the Parent(s) Driver’s License.
v. Copy of the Guardian’s Driver’s License.
5. SCHOOL RECORDS (one of the following if transferring from a private or other public school)
a. School Transfer/Withdrawal Form
b. Report card
d. Individual Education Plan (IEP) (must provide if the student has one)6. CUSTODY ARRANGEMENT (for divorced, separated or single parents)
If a written custody agreement exists, a copy should be filed with the school district. Furthermore, if there is a change in status regarding the custodianship/guardianship of the student, it is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to notify the school district of any special accommodations to be made concerning emergency contact and the report of pertinent academic information. Please note that if no legal custody agreement is in place, then a written letter from the non-registering parent will be accepted.
7. STUDENT REGISTRATION FORMS CLICK FOR REGISTRATION PACKETALL INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A STUDENT REGISTRATION!