SCHOOL CLOSING AND EARLY DISMISSAL INFORMATION90 minute early dismissal times:
Grades K-4: 8:50AM-2:00PM
In case of inclement weather or other emergency, I am writing to ask your cooperation and understanding when decisions are made to ensure the safety of our students.
As we evaluate weather conditions it may be necessary to delay the opening of school, dismiss early, or close schools for the day.
When weather-related decisions are made, you will be contacted directly regarding school operations through the UMASD School Messenger system. School Messenger is a communications system that provides a quick way to communicate with all parents and guardians. Parents and guardians of each student are able to provide the district with multiple contact data such as phone, cell phone, work phone and/or email addresses.
If you did not designate your contact information when you completed the Student Information Form at the start of the school year, please contact your child’s school to assure that your information is up to date.
School Messenger will automatically dial all contact numbers when weather-related decisions are made. You can continue to count on us to do the following:
- We will make every effort to announce weather-related decisions by 6AM.
- In addition to School Messenger, we will communicate decisions to you via:
- Our website www.umasd.org
- Viking Channel (Comcast Cable Channel 28 and Verizon Channel 32)
- Our information line (610) 205-6460
- Television, radio, or online - local media outlets
I would ask you to:
- Consider making contingency plans with neighbors, friends or relatives, to assure that your child has adult supervision and a place to go in case of late starts, early dismissals, or school closings. (Especially in the case of young children, please talk with them about these possibilities and “practice” what they are to do.)
- Discourage your teenager from driving to school in inclement weather.
Thank you, in advance, for your understanding.
Dr. John A. Toleno
Superintendent of Schools