TRANSPORTATION SAFETY PROGRAM
- First Student is extremely focused on safety transporting students to and from school and other activities (http://www.firststudentinc.com/why-first-student/school-bus-safety).
- All of the First Student drivers assigned to UMASD have undergone very rigorous background checks, medical and drug screening, as well as extensive classroom and on the road training
- All of First Student’s school buses will be thoroughly inspected by the PA State Police in mid-August to certify that they are ready to safely transport students this school year.
- All of First Students school buses will be equipped with 2 way radios, security cameras, Child Check-Mate System® - Sleeping Child Prevention system, and Zonar for pre-trip inspections and GPS monitoring of bus routes.
- Contact First Student’s Safety Manager - Karen Mossop, 610-337-1092, if you have any safety concerns with First Student’s vehicles or drivers.