The 5th grade takes the most exciting trip in middle school. throughout the course of the year. Below is a description of that trip. Please feel free to view what the year ahead has to offer.
College Settlement Outdoor School
- In the spring, you will go to outdoor school. Our fifth graders will venture off on a two night, three-day all-inclusive camp excursion! You will travel on a beautiful and spacious yellow school bus to the College Settlement Camp in Horsham.
- Here, they grow as individuals and as a team by participating in group challenges and outdoor lessons.
- You will be visited by guest speakers and spend one-on-one time with animals in the Eco-center. Your teachers and camp counselors will instruct lessons on orienteering, map making, nature survival, animals, using your senses, etc.
- If you don't think that you can 'rough it' for three days- don't worry, you won't have to. The cabins are big, clean, and have full bathrooms. Every camper is matched with a camping buddy and everyone get his or her own bunk bed or cot. The food is outstanding and served family style, just like you would be served at Maggianos- minus all of the drippy candles and soft music in the background. However, we sometimes sing and your teachers may be forced to dance!
- This is an opportunity of a lifetime and a trip that you will never forget!!!
Last Modified on August 27, 2015