Policies and Procedures
- Come to each class prepared with the following:
- Fully charged iPad (school-supplied) with earbuds
- Pencils with erasers
- Portable pencil sharpener
- Class text
- Complete all homework and class work when assigned.
- Be respectful of others.
- Assignments must be written using pencil.
- All work that is missed, due to absence, must be made up.
Upon your return to school, you are responsible for finding out what work was missed and due dates for any assignments.
If you are in school and are going to miss class, it is your responsibility to inform the teacher early in the day in order to receive any assignments. Homework assignments for that day must be turned in before you leave or you will receive an incomplete.
Homework is a daily class requirement and will be checked for completeness the next day.
- Each homework assignment not completed or returned (including signed tests and quizzes) on time will be recorded in your teacher’s grade book.
- Each marking period starts off with a homework grade of 100%.
- Your final homework grade will depend on the number of incomplete/not returned assignments for each marking period.
- For example, if your teacher assigns 20 assignments for the marking period and only 18 assignments are fully completed and returned, your marking period grade will be 18/20 points which calculates to a 90%.
- Homework will be calculated at the end of each marking period to reflect 5% of your grade.
- Assignments must be complete when checked.
- Any homework completed during class without permission will be taken away and will count as incomplete.
In order to create a safe and productive learning environment, all sixth grade students are expected to adhere to the school-wide expectations. In the event a student makes a choice that is not conducive to a safe and productive learning environment, the following plan will take effect.
- 1st warning: verbal cue
- 2nd warning: complete reflection sheet at lunch/parent communication
- 3rd warning: parent communication/referral to the office
Please note: Severe behaviors will result in an immediate referral to the office.
Well prepared students are successful in school. Below is a suggested list of supplies and materials needed for the school year.
- 3 notebooks
- 4 folders- for Language Arts, Integrated Science/Social Studies, Math, and Homework
- agenda book
- pencils with erasers
- portable pencil sharpener
- 1 box of tissues for classroom
- fully charged iPad (school supplied) with earbuds