Big Ideas: Health Education
- The lifestyle behaviors you develop now will have an impact on your wellness in the future
- Health education promotes wellness, personal responsibility, positive decision- making, and S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Specific and Time Targeted) goals.
- Choosing a healthy lifestyle will support an optimal quality of life.
- Safety impacts individual and community well-being.
Elementary Health Themes: (Grades 1-4)
- Emotional Health
- Human Growth and Development
- Disease Prevention
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Safety and Injury Prevention
- Drug Prevention
Last Modified on September 22, 2014