Big Ideas: Physical Education
- The lifestyle behaviors you develop now will have an impact on your wellness in the future.
- Physical Education promotes physical fitness, effective communication, teamwork, sportsmanship and determination to do your best
- Physical activity, positively impacts your physical, mental, social and emotional wellness.
Physical Education: Curriculum Themes
Kindergarten to 4th Grade
- Movement (ex. locomotor and non-locomotor movements)
- Fitness (ex. health and skill based fitness)
- Manipulative Games (ex. throwing, kicking, sticking, bouncing etc..)
- Cooperative & Creative Games (working togther)
- Invasion games (ex. soccer, basketball)
- Net Wall games (ex. volleyball, tennis)
- Recreational Games (ex. tag games, ga-ga ball, bocce)
- Safety (ex. spatial awareness)
I have a goal to have all students up and moving for 80 percent of their class time.