Quality curriculum and skillful instruction are the foundation of education and the path to success for every student. Curriculum at Upper Merion Area School District is built around current best practices about teaching and learning. Our curriculum reflects:
- Pennsylvania and National Academic Standards
- Differentiated instructional practices for diverse learners
- Research-based instructional practices
- Student engagement
- Integration of technology as both a learning tool and as an application tool
- An understanding of our student population and how we can help each student fulfill their individual potential
Assessment is also a critical component of curriculum. At Upper Merion Area School District, a range of assessments provide evidence of understanding and are used as feedback to improve student performance.