The Upper Merion Area School
District's Gifted program was designed with
input from teachers, administrators, parents, and
students. We provide services to a diverse
population of gifted learners. Goals of the
- identifying candidates for the program and
assessing their eligibility using a variety of
tools and procedures.
- emphasizing a positive working relationship
between parents and school personnel.
- creating an individualized, flexible, and
appropriate program based on the measured
strengths and needs of each eligible student.
- providing counseling and appropriate
support services for eligible students,
including those who are low achieving or at
- providing staff development opportunitiesfor all school personnel, including support
for the preparation of differentiated
educational plans, materials, and curriculum
by regular classroom teachers.
- promoting the use of strategies developed
for challenging students’ analytical and
critical thinking skills in regular classrooms.