Resources for Learning at Home
Hello Bridgeport Families! Here are some great resources to support your reading and learning at home. Check back frequently as this list will be continually updated:
FREE ONLINE BOOKS!
- EPIC! provides an enormous library of free e-books and audio books at all reading levels, available during school hours: https://www.getepic.com/students. Your student can e-mail their classroom teacher if they need their classroom code to log on. OR, get a free 30-day family subscription https://www.getepic.com/promo.
- Lightbox e-Books from the Caley Elementary Library are interactive: you can read the text, have it read to you, and click links to learn more https://www.umasd.org/Page/
- Upper Merion Township Library sign up for a library card online and have access to MontCo's vast library of e-books and audio books https://www.umtownship.org/wpfb-file/application-librarycard-mclinc-pdf/
- Amazon Kindle store - did you know there are TONS of FREE e-books? Click here for a screenshot showing you how to find free e-books you can read on your iPad or any other device.
Famous authors read aloud and do activities:
- Peter Reynolds - will be reading aloud from his books 12:00 pm EST Daily. www.facebook.com/PeterHamiltonReynolds/
- Mo Willems - (lunch doodle) - 1:00pm EST - every weekday https://www.kennedy-center.org/education/mo-willems/
- Oliver Jeffers (book reading and discussion) – 2pm EST on Facebook - every weekday https://www.facebook.com/oliverjeffersart/
- Jarrett Krosoczka - (art lesson & more) - 2pm EST YouTube http://www.youtube.com/StudioJJK
- Dan Gutman - (reading) - 2pm EST on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Dan-Gutman-60020139122/
- Mac Barnett – (book reading) - 3pm EST on Instagram - every weekday https://www.instagram.com/stories/macbarnett/
- Brian Biggs - reading his books for younger children on his Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/brian.biggs.127
- Elizabeth Eulberg - reading and discussion - The Great Shelby Holmes http://www.viewpure.com/PTCYCNCDUFY?start=0&end=0
- Matt Phelan - our visiting author! Enjoy video book trailers, a tour of his studio, his description of his creative process, and more https://www.mattphelan.com/video.html