The Upper Merion Area School District Student Services Department will provide a comprehensive developmental school counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social needs of all students. We will facilitate the support system so all students have access to the tools enabling them to become responsible and productive citizens who can effectively manage future challenges and who can progress confidently into an ever-changing society.
- All students deserve to feel safe, respected and included as an important part of school.
- All students should have access to a school counseling program to help them develop skills for academic, social and emotional growth.
- All students should have access to a school counseling program which reflects the developmental stages of children and supports the current data and goals of the school population.
- School Counselors advocate for all students by communicating and collaborating with all stakeholders (parents, teachers,school staff, administration, community & students) to support student growth.
- School Counselors should support and participate in professional organizations, seek continuous professional development and abide by the ethical guidelines set forth by the American School Counselor Association.