Here are some key points about Best Buddies:
- Buddy: an Upper Merion Area High School student with an intellectual or developmental disability matched in a one-to-one friendship.
- Peer Buddy: an Upper Merion Area High School student without a disability matched in a one-to-one friendship.
- Best Buddies International requests one to one friendship according to their charted.
- All students are invited to be apart of Best Buddies, however not everyone will be able to have a roster one to one friendship due to our numbers. This is a Best Buddies International regulation that must be followed in order for our Charter to remian.
- Meetings are usually twice a month. The advisor communicate to parents this information via email and do request parents to inform them if their child will be staying. This is for the safety of the student and to ensure transportation is confirmed.