Expectations for classwork and homework assignments
- All students will be required to have a physical folder and a copybook for class.
- This course will be light on homework assignments. However, throughtout the course students will be asked to participate in Discussions in Schoology, in addition to completing journal assignments and other tasks for homework. With that said, the emphasis for the course will be on in-class work and participation in large and small group discussions, journal reflections, and presentations.
- Course homework will be found in the Assignments folder for that week. Class handouts, articles, videos, and other materials can be located in the Resources folder for that week.
- It is expected that students will bring their iPads to class, and that iPads will be charged and ready to be used throughout the school day.
- Class documents will be provided to students through schoology and by hand. Some assignments will be submitted directly to the teacher so that they can be graded and handed back for keeping in student folder. Other assignments will be submitted to the teacher using either Schoology or Google Drive.
- It is expected that students will come to class each day with their class folder and journal. Certain items, such as handouts or graded assignments, may be kept in student folders throughout the course. The purpose of this is to allow the student to keep a tangible reminder of skills they have learned so that they may continue to review and practice these skills each day. The student journal is equally important for the student to be able to reflect on what they have learned.