Title 1 at Bridgeport Elementary
What is Title I?
• Title I is a federal aid program for schools. The goal of Title I is to ensure a high-quality education for every child, by providing extra help to students who need it most.
• Title I funds are distributed to districts and individual schools based on the number of low-income families served. However, once a school qualifies for Title I funds, academic needs, not economic status, determines which students receive extra services.
Title I has three primary objectives:
• to improve student achievement
• to improve staff development
• to improve parental and community involvement
How you can help:
Participate in your child’s education by:
attending school events
talking about homework with your child
showing your child how homework relates to daily life
joining the school’s Parent Teacher Organization
Be aware of your child’s performance by:
attending parent-teacher conferences
requesting additional meetings, if needed
keeping teachers informed about events and issues that may affect your child’s work or behavior
Title I Teachers
Please select 'Title I Documents' to the left to find the Title I Compact and Permission slips.
Click on the links below to view resources that will provide parents with tools to help their child's performance in school.
Why Read Aloud?
Listen and Learn with Audio Books